Sunday, June 14, 2015

Summer Adventures

This picture is actually from a few months back, but I just found it on my phone. I took the two oldest girls to the play Twelve Dancing Princesses. Their school did a fundraiser to sell mugs for $15 each and that's how much the play tickets were, so I asked the girls if they wanted us to buy the mugs or go to the play. I get frustrated with all the school fundraisers and the girls always come home thinking we'll buy everything. I would much rather see a play with the girls than buy a stupid mug I'll never use. We support them when they run the laps at school, but it's impossible to support every single fundraiser they bring home.


Some people from a local musical production sang a few songs at Bridge Street to advertise for their play so we decided to go watch them. It was cute seeing all the kids sitting together.


On the way out we ran into a man making animal balloons for all the kids. Cooper quietly said in awe, "He has magic hands!" The kids were all pretty pleased with their animal balloons.








There are a couple places around here that do movies in the park during the summer. We thought we'd try it out and went to a showing of Frozen. The kids were able to meet Elsa before the show and there were bean bag tosses and all kinds of food vendors. We ended up leaving early because the kids lost interest in the show and just wanted to play tag with all the other kids. It was too dark and crowded and I kept losing sight of them, so we decided to head home. Plus the movie didn't even start until after their normal bedtime.

Lindsey isn't in the pictures with Elsa because she was clinging to my leg in fear and letting us know she did NOT want to meet her. She's usually my brave one, so I don't know what got into her.








We splurged on Disney's Frozen On Ice since we really enjoyed the last Disney On Ice we went to a few years back. The kids seemed to enjoy it and they each got an Olaf snow cone. It was a good thing we brought their jackets and spare clothes because Olivia soaked herself with her snow cone.




























3 comments:

  1. So many wonderful adventures in Alabama!! Cherish them all!! Granny is jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for posting! If I didn't know better in some the pics I'd think that Livy was Lindsey. Lindsey's face is thinning out and she's looking more grown up though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such fun activities! And such cute people to enjoy them!

    ReplyDelete